Dining on the Hill and on-campus offerings
- Experience UCLA’s holistic dining hall, Bruin Plate – featuring fresh, nutritious, and sustainably sourced menu items.
- In January 2017, UCLA Dining launched the state-of-the-art Flex Bar at De Neve Dining Hall. This effort integrates optimal nutrition, environmental stewardship, and social responsibility within the campus food service sector by re-framing the role of plant- based ingredients so that they become the primary source of protein, and animal-based proteins become “condiments” and “flavoring agents.” This strategy has been referred to as the “protein flip” approach and is being used at other institutions working on serving students healthier and more environmentally sustainable food. Read more about the project here.
- Look for the EatWell sticker to find healthy options for snacks and drinks at on-campus vending machines. For more information, read LA County Vending Machine Nutrition Policy.
- Stock up on fresh, local produce right on campus at the E3 Campus Farmers’ Market. Visit the biweekly farmers’ market on Wednesdays from 2:30-6:30 in Bruin Plaza – rain or shine.
- Brought to you by the South Central Farmers Cooperative, fresh CSA Farm Boxes are available for pickup every week, right on campus! You can order your box online using the link above (select one of the UCLA locations for pickup).
- Partnership for a Healthier America
HCI is proud to have completed a three year MOU with the Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA), the nonprofit organization set up by First Lady Michelle Obama as part of her “Let’s Move!” campaign in the White House. UCLA was one of the first campuses in the nation to sign the MOU to work to meet the “healthier campus” commitments over three years. UCLA Housing and Hospitality and Associated Students UCLA (ASUCLA) worked hard to make campus food offerings healthier in adherence with PHAs guidelines. See our 2016-2017 Progress Report for a full list of our PHA commitments.